Saturday, December 7, 2013

Can You Imagine Peace...?

A friend of mine from college just shared an article about the first police-caused shooting death in the history of the country of Iceland.  The HISTORY of the COUNTRY...est. 1944.

What shocks me about this article even more are the beautiful and innocent statements and clearly tragic loss that people are feeling over this occurrence.  Is Iceland the example of what a truly peaceful world would be like?

People own guns but never take them out except for hunting and do not show them in public.  Police almost never carry weapons because there is no violent crime.  The President does not need armed guards nor must people be scanned for explosives or firearms or anything else to enter public offices or congressional meetings.  This article states that the only requirement is that people turn off their phone to avoid disrupting the meeting.

I'm truly in awe.  I believe in a peaceful world but I don't know if I ever stopped to really IMAGINE how different it would be.  Have you?

Check out the article and let me know what you think!






No comments: