Saturday, February 6, 2016

I believe...and you don't have to agree.

I believe that the world is a beautiful place.
I believe that people are naturally good.
I believe that we do bad things and that doesn't make us bad people unless we recognize that they are bad and continue to do them anyway.
I believe in the phrase "do harm to no one" and I'm frustrated when others don't live by it the way I do.
I believe we sometimes hurt one another to feel better, and that it makes us feel better or worse or both...but only until we realize that we cannot take it back.
I believe in love at first sight, in soul mates, in second chances.
I believe that honesty is the best policy and that karma really is a bitch.
I believe that I can do anything I set my mind to.
I believe in proving people wrong for a positive cause.
I believe that women are either cruel or supportive and there isn't much in between.  I won't comment on men.
I believe that love takes work.
I believe in forever.
I believe that you have to take chances to get where you want to be.
I believe in saving cash-money instead of maxing out credit.
I believe that we have the opportunity to change lives every day.
I believe in fresh starts.
I believe in miracles.
I believe in hard work and in sacrifice.
I believe in being loyal.
I believe in Darwinism and evolution.
I believe in standing up for what is right.
I believe in friendship and making an effort to let others know that I care.
I believe in communication and understand its difficulty under special circumstances.
I believe in being social, and not in social media nor regular media, for that matter.
I believe in sunsets and rain storms and the smell of freshly cut grass and bonfires and when the clock reads 11:11.
I believe in the beauty of the world.  And I believe I wouldn't be here if I wasn't supposed to be part of that beauty.

No comments: