Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The little Devonte that could!

You know what is amazing?  

When just ONE person believes in us, we can begin to move mountains.  You are one person.  

Do you believe you can make a difference?  BELIEVE!


We cannot help the hand we are dealt, but we can choose what we do with it.  Some will choose to fold.  They will lay down their gift and be out of the game.  Some will bet and they will lose...but they gained experience that can now be used for the next time.  Some people will bet and win...and what a great prize for taking a risk, even at the chance of losing it all.  I'm a designer, so I would probably use my hand to build a card house...and I'm sure there are plenty more options.

What happens when you're not even dealt a hand?  What happens when you're down and out and under the playing table when you start?  If we all gave a hand to the person who's on the floor, they might not only make it to the table, but beyond it...to a place no one could have imagined.  I saw a great example of this in an article this week, not about a down-and-out adult...but about a young man who did just what I mentioned with the help of his foster parents, some love, and his own integrity and tenacity and courage!  I introduce, Devonte!  Enjoy his story, and remember, it starts with one believer!


No comments: