Sunday, December 14, 2014

Don't brace yourself for the world...

Every day when we wake up we can never be sure what awaits us. 
Is it our blessings or our challenges that will meet us that day? 

For me, the past few weeks have been a magnified practice of accepting the unknown. 
On any given morning I don't know if I'll be able to stand when I get out of bed, 
or 
if conversely I'll feel so wonderful I can strap my boots on and head to the mountain. 
Can I give a full day's attention and devotion to work? 
Or will I have trouble just breathing if I'm in the throes of an episode. 
Will I walk away from the latest doctor's appointment with more answers 
or more questions? 
Will I be able to nurture my relationships through this confusing, mysterious process, 
and most importantly 
nurture my relationship with myself? 
What will my yoga practice look like today, 
and what will it look like in the future? 

One day 
when this is a memory, 
I will be able to grow as a practitioner and teacher through this experience 
and share with others what beauty can be found shrouded in complete mystery. 
And there's no reason to fear it. 
Wake up and don't brace for the unknown, open up for it.

-N.I.

No comments: