Wednesday, April 2, 2014

When we know the difference between existing and living...

Similar to yesterday's post, sometimes it takes the stark contrast to realize all that we have.  Thanks to one of my regulars for another inspirational observation:

I used to complain about such minuscule things. 'I have to go to work', 'I have to pay my car bill', 'I have to go to class', etc. No. 'I have the opportunity to go to work, because I'm fortunate enough to be employed'. 'I get to pay my car bill, because I have enough money to own my own car'. 'I get to go to class, because I am lucky enough to be a student and working toward my goals/dreams on a daily basis'. I think we sometimes forget about how lucky and fortunate that we are. We complain about certain things, when we should be thankful for them. I have my health and people who love and care about me, and that's all I need. Austin was given another chance to live after a tragic car accident years ago. I never heard him complain about anything. He was always happy, and he had such a positive attitude. He passed away two weeks ago.
"Today is a great day to be alive" -Austin White 
Thank you Austin for teaching me such a valuable lesson. You are truly an inspiration, and I'll always have a special place for you in my heart. You had such an amazing perspective on life, and I'll try to live the rest of my life with that same perspective. If I could be half as good as you were, I would be completely satisfied.


-JMacko

No comments: