A list of life lessons from a friend on her birthday:
29 Life Lessons for 29 years
1. Number one will begin with something that happened during my 28th year. In fact, it was the best day of my life! My daughter was born. In that very moment, a mother was born too. It was then I realized the meaning of unconditional love, affection without any limitations. None. I realize what is truly important. I'll teach her all of my life lessons, to walk her own path and never to sit and wait for a prince. I'll also teach her that richness has nothing to do with material items and to value people for what they have in their hearts, not in their pockets.
I am her example, Tashi helps me to be a better person.
I am her example, Tashi helps me to be a better person.
2. Happiness comes from within. We spend way too much of our lives looking for outside validation and approval that eludes us. Turns out, it's been an inside job all along. Go inward.
3. Be grateful for everything. The good, the bad, everythiiiing. Our entire life is a precious gift. The pleasure, the pain -- it's all part of our path.
4. Let those that you love know it often and enthusiastically. You can never say it or show it too much. Your time, total presence, love, and genuine concern for their wellness is the greatest gift of all.
5. Everybody comes into our life for a reason. It is up to us to be open to the lesson they are meant to teach. The more someone rubs us the wrong way, the greater the lesson. Take notes.
6. Learn the art of empathy, compassion. Too often we judge people on too little information. We must try to understand what they do instead, put ourselves in their shoes, start with the assumption that what others do has a good reason if we understand what they’re going through. Life becomes much better if you learn this art.
7. Perfectionism is an illusion. A painful one at that. Ease up. Strive for excellence, sure, but allow yourself room to make mistakes and permission to be happy regardless of outcome.
8. The 3 roots of suffering: 1. Anger 2.Attachment 3.Ignorance. All pain comes from one of these emotions. Find a way to deal, find peace. Meditate.
9. Forgiveness is not so much about the other person. It's about you and for you so that you can gain the peace and freedom you deserve.
10. Surround yourself with people who love and support you. And, love and support them right back! Life is too short for anything less.
11. Giving is the secret to receiving. Share your wisdom, your love, your talents. Share freely and be amazed at how much beauty in life flows back to you.
- On that note, be careful not to give too much. If you empty out your own cup completely, you will have nothing left to give. Balance is key.
12. The world is our mirror. What we love in others is a reflection of what we love about ourselves. What upsets us about others is a strong indication of what we need to look at more closely within ourselves.
13. The present moment is where it's at. It's the only one promised to any of us. Learn from your past & enjoy the beautiful memories, but don't cling or let them haunt you. And, dream big and be excited about the future, but don't become obsessed. Love this moment, always.
14. Subtle shifts in perception will transform your entire life. When feeling fearful, angry, hurt, simply choose to see a situation differently.
15. Practice daily gratitude for all the blessings in your life, large and small. Not only is this a high vibe practice that feels amazing, in practicing regularly you are creating space for even more abundance -- of joy, love, health, and prosperity.
16. Life is full of highs and lows. We need them both to grow to our fullest potential. Just hang on tight and enjoy the ride.
17. In being true to yourself, you can't possibly make everybody else happy. Still, it's better to risk being disliked for living your truth than to be loved for what you are pretending to be.
18. Trust. In troubled times, just know that the Universe has your back and everything is going to be alright. If you're not there yet, trust in hindsight you will understand. Your higher good is being supported, always.
19. Never take things personally. What others do is a reflection of what's going on in their own life and probably has little or nothing to do with you.
20. You have to feel it to heal it. Bring your fears and weaknesses front and center and shine a blazing spotlight on them because the only way out is through. The hurt of facing the truth is SO worth it in the long run, I swear.
21. Celebrate the journey. It's not all about the destination. Savor all of your successes, even the small ones.
22. We are all incredibly intuitive. When we learn to become still and listen, we can tap into some pretty amazing primal wisdom. Listen to the quiet whisper of your heart. It knows the way.
23. We are powerful creators. Seriously, bad-asses. With intention, focus, and persistence -- anything is possible! Know this.
24. Don't take life too seriously! Nobody gets out alive anyway. Smile. Take chances. Have fun.
25. Fear is often a very good indicator of what we really want and need in our life. Let it be your compass and enjoy the exciting adventure it leads you on.
26. Our bodies are our vehicle to our dreams. Treat them with love and fuel them with the best health to feel vibrant and energized. But, never obsess over image. Looks are subjective and will fade in time, anyway. Feeling good, healthy, and comfortable in our own skin is what matters most.
27. Let go of expectations. When you have expectations of something — a person, an experience, a vacation, a job — you put it in a predetermined box that has little to do with reality. You set up an idealized version of the thing (or person) and then try to fit the reality into this ideal, and are often disappointed. Instead, try to experience reality as it is, appreciate it for what it is, and be happy that it is.
28. Don’t sit too much. It kills you. Move, dance, run, play.
29. We are not the center of the universe, although our ego can make us feel that way at times. Step outside of that way of thinking and see the world and other people's perspective in a whole new beautiful light.
The world neeeeeds more love, light, and laughter. Go BLove. xo
****Thank you for sharing your light and love and laughter always, B.R.M. <3 and specifically for sharing these lessons. Happy birthday!